Monday 22 September 2014

My First Birch Box - September 2014

Hello everyone, 
So i have wanted to try a  beauty box subscription for a while now but with there being so many different options to choose from out there i didn't know which one to choose! but the other week a email popped up in my inbox form Birch Box, which said that they had a special deal if you joined that day or something and as soon as i saw the words 'guaranteed Beauty Blender inside' i knew i had to give this box a try. 
So the theme of this months box was Happy Days and came in a lovely box a drawstring bag and come cute photos of people on their 'Happy Days'! it was like opening a present at Christmas! plus i have started using the box to separate my makeup collection.
This box costs £10 a month + £2.95 here

So what was included?...

Beauty Blender + Solid Cleanser (£26)- 
Now like i said this is was the main reason that i signed up for the box as i have wanted to try the Beauty Blender but i could not part with the high price tag for a makeup sponge that i didn't know if i would like or not! BirchBox even included the solid cleanser to clean the sponge with which usually has a combined price of £26 so this box is a bargain! I have since used the product and really like the way it applied my foundation, but I'm still testing it out. 

ModelCo Power Lash Mascara (£24)- 
I was also very happy finding a mascara sample in the box as i love trying out new mascaras and since receiving the box i have tested out the mascara and i loved the way it looked on the lashes! Once again i am going to continue to test of the product to get a better idea of it.

Premae Mild Dermabrasion Face & Body Scrub (£25) -
The box also included a small pot of face and body scrub which i may possibly save if i stay overnight somewhere or as part of my skincare routine as it is only a small pot but a good enough size to test the product.

Benefit It's Potenti Eye Cream (£25.50)- I
 have wanted to try some of Benefits skincare range for a while now so it was great to see a small sample of their eye cream inside the box! the sample packaging is very cute and i am looking forward to testing this product out!.

Agave Healing Oil Treatment (From £16)-
I really like receiving hair oils as i have been looking for the right one for my hair because at the minute my hair is a bit dry and needs some TLC, i actually tried this product once and after blowdrying my hair it felt lovely, soft and shiny! So i shall have to continue using up the sample and hopefully it could really help my hair!

Urban Fruit Perfect Pineapple (£13.20 for 6)- 
Something a bit different for a beauty box was a dried fruit snack, well i suppose beauty starts from the inside! usually I'm not a big fan of dried fruit but i actually didn't mind the taste of the dried pineapple which is funny because I'm not too keen on fresh pineapple! and its great that they are 100% fruit!

BirchBox Happy Days Photo Clip- 
And finally Birchbox included their very own little photo clip, which is actually a real cool idea and i have already put it to use and is holding one of my pictures! 


Have you tried any beauty boxes?
If so .which ones should i try next?
Thanks For Reading! 

'If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, 
you won't understand how much bigger the world is'
-Angelina Jolie


No comments:

Post a Comment